7 Tips to Use BBT for Ovulation Calculation (Basal Body Temperature)
Ready to start temping? And want to make sure you're doing it right?
Here are our 7 tips to BBT most effectively:
1. Temp every day. Temping is not like ovulation tests -- it depends on consistent, daily data so that you can find a consistent temperature shift during a full ovulation cycle. Look for those 6 lows followed by 3 highs! Tip: Turn on the BBT reminder in your app so you don't forget!
2. Temp at the same time every day BEFORE you get out of bed. BBT is your resting temperature, and you need to take it before you even leave the bed in the morning. Even more than a half an hour time difference can affect your results (and we’re talking about measurements in tenths of a degree!)
3. Get at least at least 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Make sure you have enough Zs to reach that "resting temp."
4. Keep temping each cycle. Allow some time for you and the app to get to know you. You'll begin to see a pattern, which will help you predict ovulation for future cycles.
5. Take a pregnancy test after 15 high temps. Did you know that your ovulation confirmation tool can also help predict pregnancy? If you found your BBT spike and have had 15 high temps above the coverline, it's time to take a pregnancy test!
6. Let Premom to do all the work for you. The Premom app will identify your BBT spike, graph your temps, and create your coverline -- so you can easily identify preovulation and postovulation in your cycle.
7. Get the Easy@Home smart basal thermometer. Our EBT-300 model syncs to the app and will automatically input your temps for you. Simply take your temp and then check your chart!
Download the FREE Premom app to begin tracking your basal body temperature!
Updated November 9, 2020