Pregnancy Week 27 - Week 28
- Size is approximately 14.8 inches and 2.22 pounds.
- Your baby is the size of an eggplant.
- Your baby may be experiencing some hiccups, coughing, blinking, and dreaming!
You & Your Body
- Many of your previous symptoms may persist into this time.
- A new symptom may be “snissing” – urinating when you sneeze.
- Consult with your doctor if you have any of these symptoms (possible signs of preeclampsia): excessive swelling, particularly in the face or around the eyes; change in vision, such as blurred vision; intense pain in the upper abdomen; or nausea and vomiting.
- Maintain – or increase – your teeth brushing and flossing.
- If you’re planning on breastfeeding, consider a breastfeeding class.
- Make sure to keep all of your prenatal appointments, now twice a month.
- Follow your doctor’s directions for monitoring your baby’s movements.
- You may consider using a pantiliner.
- This is a good time to increase your iron intake for the baby.
Updated May 1, 2019