Pregnancy Week 13 - Week 14
- Size is approximately 3.42 inches and 1.52 ounce.
- Your baby is as big as a peach.
- You’re finishing up your first trimester and entering your second.
- Your baby’s fingerprints are developing, and your baby now has use of his or her liver and kidneys.
- Small body hairs are beginning to grow, and the vocal cords are developing.
- Your baby can also complete some finer movements, such as facial expressions and grasping movements.
You & Your Body
- Your bump is getting bigger and your weight continues to increase. Healthy weight gain is 1-2 pounds per week.
- You may still feel some round ligament pain.
- You may also be experiencing increased energy and increased appetite.
- If you dropped off on exercise, it’s time to pick it back up! You can start with some yoga and walking.
- It’s time to make some arrangements. Consider what you will be doing for childcare. Let your boss know that you are pregnant. Let your children know that a little one is on the way.
- Sign up for a childbirth class.
- Make sure you are getting enough protein, iron, and calcium.
- Check that your urine is clear and light yellow, indicating that you are getting enough fluids.
- You may be able to start using your more sensitive fetal doppler at this point to start listening for your baby’s heartbeat.
Updated May 1, 2019