Pregnancy Week 37 - Week 38
- Size is approximately 19.61 inches and 6.80 pounds.
- Your baby is the size of a pumpkin.
- Your baby has improved dexterity and has developed just about everything except digestion and final development of the lungs, brain, and diaphragm.
- Your baby may be “dropping”, moving lower and into the birth canal.
- Your baby can come at any time now, but your baby may need these extra weeks to finish development.
You & Your Body
- You may not gain any weight this month.
- You may still be experiencing these symptoms: heartburn, spotting (particularly after sexual activity), stretch marks, abdominal pressure, trouble sleeping, swollen feet and ankles, contractions, and nausea.
- You may also be experiencing these symptoms: itchy belly and anxiety.
- Watch for these symptoms of labor: thick mucus, possibly with a tinge of blood (mucus plug released); nausea, diarrhea, water breaking, more frequent and more intense contractions, or back pain.
- Learn the signs for postpartum depression.
- You may find yourself doing some last-minute cleaning and organizing, called “nesting.”
- Time to wrap things up and be ready in case your baby comes early.
- Have contact information ready for those who you’ll want to announce the birth to.
- Make sure you have some easy meals planned.
Updated May 1, 2019