- Your baby is about the size of a sweet pea.
- The eyes, ears, nose, and mouth are beginning to develop. The lungs and pituitary gland are forming.
- Your heart and circulatory system, as well as intestines, brain, muscles, and bones are developing.
You & Your Body
- You may notice some bleeding. This can be normal but consult with your doctor to eliminate the possibility of a miscarriage.
- Your hCG levels continue to build.
- You may notice these early pregnancy symptoms: breast sensitivity/discomfort, fatigue, and frequent urination.
- Schedule your prenatal appointment, if you haven’t already.
- This is also a good time for a teeth cleaning, if you haven’t had one yet.
- If you have a cat, find someone else to do the litterbox!
- Eliminate these foods from your diet: raw, undercooked, and inorganic foods, high-mercury fish, processed meats (like deli meats), organ meat, unwashed produce, and processed junk foods. Also, limit your caffeine intake.
Updated May 1, 2019