- Size is approximately 10.94 inches and 15.17 ounces. Measurement is now from crown to heel. Before it was from head to bottom (buttocks).
- Your baby is about the size of a red bell pepper.
- Your baby has developed taste buds!
- Besides getting nutrition from the placenta, he or she is also beginning to take in amniotic fluid.
- Your baby’s reproductive system is developing further.
You & Your Body
- You may continue to experience an increased sex drive, hair growth, swollen hands or feet, breathlessness, increased vaginal discharge, stretch marks, dry skin, and heart burn or indigestion.
- Some new symptoms may include Braxton Hicks contractions (your body practicing for labor), leaky breasts (as milk ducts develop), bleeding or swollen gums, and an outie belly button.
- If you can eat a variety of foods now, your baby will be tasting it! This may make feeding your baby easier after birth.
- Avoid sticky candy if you’re having gum issues.
- Spend some time with feet elevated if you’re experiencing swelling or varicose veins. It may be time for some new, comfy shoes!
- If you’re starting to experience pregnancy anxiety, find someone you can talk it out with.
- If you’re having a baby shower, get planning!
- You may want to look into your insurance, savings plan, and your will.
Updated May 1, 2019