Pregnancy Week 15 - Week 16
- Size is approximately 4.57 inches and 3.53 ounces.
- Your baby’s proportions are becoming a little more normalized.
- Your baby is the size of an avocado.
- Your baby is starting to hear your voice.
- Your baby is also forming taste buds and is sensitive to light.
You & Your Body
- Your baby bump may be getting a little higher up as it outgrows your pelvis. (But every woman is different.)
- You may notice the following symptoms in these two weeks: nosebleeds, heartburn/indigestion, swollen gums, larger breasts, constipation, forgetfulness, dry and sensitive eyes, and shortness of breath.
- You may also experience glowing skin and shinier hair. (Pregnancy glow!)
- You may be able to start feeling some baby movement, which may seem like a muscle twitch or gas.
- Schedule your 20-week prenatal visit and consider if you’d like to do further health screenings.
- It’s a good time to start talking to your little one.
- Consider a humidifier if you are experiencing dryness and nosebleeds.
- Make sure you’ve visited the dentist at least once during your pregnancy.
- As you’re feeling better, it might be good to plan a little getaway with your partner or friends, sometimes called a “babymoon”. This might give you just the space and relaxation you need to center you before your baby comes.
- This is the recommended time to start listening to your baby’s heartbeat with your fetal doppler.
Updated May 1, 2019